Welcome to Bang!
Bang! Science Magazine is Oxford’s premier science magazine. Produced by members of the University of Oxford, Bang! aims to make science stimulating, fun and accessible to everyone. With articles written on everything from the latest research into spider silk to the history of Islamic science, Bang! brings the fascinating and quirky side of science to life in a graphically gorgeous magazine.
Our mission statement is as follows:
- To make high-end science visible and accessible by presenting science in a user-friendly way, encouraging interest and application to scientific departments at Oxford.
- To bring current research at Oxford and elsewhere to people both within and outside of the university.
- To help people understand the scientific process, with a view to ultimately improving the communication for scientific issues.
- To give scientific issues and conflicts a voice.
- To promote science at Oxford both within and beyond the University.
- To provide a platform for researchers to build and improve their scientific communication skills.
Set up by David Abelman, Marcus Wilson and Rob Jones in 2007, Bang! is a member of Oxford Student Publications Ltd, who also produce the Cherwell newspaper, Isis, Industry and Keep off the Grass. Bang! is released as a print magazine on Friday of 5th Week every term, with a termly readership of 7,500. Copies can be found in Oxford’s JCRs and science departments.
Bang! is always interested to hear from potential advertisers. To enquire about advertising opportunities in the magazine and online, email firstname.lastname@example.org.